Registration of houses for tourist use in Las Torres de Cotillas

registration of houses for tourist use Las Torres de Cotillas

In Las Torres de Cotillas, you have the possibility of renting private homes, both in their entirety and by rooms, thanks to the registry of homes for tourist use. If you need assistance in the management of the VUT for your home, do not hesitate to count on my help.

What is a home for tourist use?

Tourist use dwellings (VUT) are those dwellings that are rented to tourists, preserving their residential rather than commercial character. Unlike traditional rentals, tourist rentals always have a short and pre-established duration.

It is common for these types of homes to share a building with permanent residents who are not involved in the vacation rental. Therefore, it is necessary to obtain the approval of the community of owners to carry out the activity of housing for tourist use (VUT) in the building.

In the Region of Murcia, homes for tourist use (VUT) have the possibility of being rented both in their entirety and by rooms. However, if it is decided to opt for room rental, only one natural person, who is registered and has his habitual residence in the house where the activity is carried out, will be allowed to be responsible for the exploitation.

What is needed to register my home as VUT?

Before renting your home as tourist accommodation, it is essential to ensure that the community of neighbors has given their consent to carry out said rental activity. If tenants need to cross common areas to access the home, it will be necessary to obtain prior approval from the community of owners.

Likewise, it is an essential requirement that the house have the certificate of occupancy to be able to use it for tourist rental. In other words, only those homes that meet all the established legal requirements are allowed to be offered as tourist accommodation.

Request the Responsible Statement regarding homes for tourist use in Las Torres de Cotillas

Once we are clear that the community of neighbors does not prevent us from the VUT, We can process the responsible declaration in the Region of Murcia.

  • Responsible Declaration of Tourist Classification model P-1890.
  • List of the dwellings or the rooms of the dwellings for tourist use, in Excel format, with their identifying data including their cadastral reference and their capacity. excel here
  • Payment of the corresponding fee (T330)

The following must also be taken into account:

To proceed with the rental, it is essential to have a valid energy certificate of the home Art. 3, Royal Decree 390/2021

What must housing for tourist use in the Region of Murcia comply with?

The VUTs must comply with the Decree no. 256/2019, of October 10, which regulates homes for tourist use in the Region of Murcia. It is necessary to comply with the following provisions, among others:

  • Installation of visible plate next to the entrance according to the Order of July 20, 2006 of the Ministry of Tourism, Commerce and Consumption
  • Have complaint sheets in the terms established in Decree 3/2014, of January 31
  • Have civil liability insurance with a minimum coverage of three hundred thousand euros.
  • A fire extinguisher must be installed in an accessible place.
  • A first aid kit should be available.
  • The owners of the accommodation operation are obliged to issue invoices, or substitute documents, in the legally established manner.
  • There must be written information, at least in Spanish and English, on the telephone number 1-1-2 and other numbers in case of an emergency. In addition to tourist information.

Regulations to be met for homes for tourist use in Las Torres de Cotillas.

get in touch with me and we talk.

Fill in the form and I will answer you in less than 24 hours.


    Other related services

    Other architecture services

    5/5 - (1 vote)