Registration of homes for tourist use in San Javier

registration of houses for tourist use San Javier

In the following article I hope to provide you with help in the procedures and in the management of the documentation required to carry out the registration of homes for tourist use (VUT) in San Javier

What is a home for tourist use?

Tourist use dwellings (VUT) refer to those dwellings that are rented to tourists, but that maintain their residential rather than commercial character. Unlike conventional rentals, tourist rentals are always made for short periods and with a pre-established duration.

It is common for these homes to share a building with permanent residents who are not related to the vacation rental. Therefore, it is necessary to obtain the authorization of the community of owners to carry out the activity of housing for tourist use (VUT) in the building.

In the Region of Murcia, houses for tourist use (VUT) can be rented in their entirety or by rooms. If you opt for room rental, only a natural person who is registered and has his habitual residence in the house where the activity takes place may carry out the exploitation.

What is needed to register my home as VUT?

Before renting your home as tourist accommodation, it is crucial to guarantee the consent of the community of neighbors to carry out the tourist rental. If tenants need to go through common areas to access the home, it will be necessary to obtain the approval of the community of owners.

In addition, it is essential that the house has the certificate of habitability to be able to use it for tourist rental. In other words, only a home that meets all legal requirements can be offered as tourist accommodation.

Request the Responsible Statement regarding homes for tourist use in San Xavier

Once we are clear that the community of neighbors does not prevent us from the VUT, We can process the responsible declaration in the Region of Murcia.

  • Responsible Declaration of Tourist Classification model P-1890.
  • List of the dwellings or the rooms of the dwellings for tourist use, in Excel format, with their identifying data including their cadastral reference and their capacity. excel here
  • Payment of the corresponding fee (T330)

The following must also be taken into account:

To proceed with the rental, you must have a valid energy certificate of the home. Art. 3, Royal Decree 390/2021

What must housing for tourist use in the Region of Murcia comply with?

The VUTs must comply with the Decree no. 256/2019, of October 10, which regulates homes for tourist use in the Region of Murcia. It is necessary to comply with the following provisions, among others:

  • Installation of visible plate next to the entrance according to the Order of July 20, 2006 of the Ministry of Tourism, Commerce and Consumption
  • Have complaint sheets in the terms established in Decree 3/2014, of January 31
  • Have civil liability insurance with a minimum coverage of three hundred thousand euros.
  • A fire extinguisher must be installed in an accessible place.
  • A first aid kit should be available.
  • The owners of the accommodation operation are obliged to issue invoices, or substitute documents, in the legally established manner.
  • There must be written information, at least in Spanish and English, on the telephone number 1-1-2 and other numbers in case of an emergency. In addition to tourist information.

Regulations to be met for homes for tourist use in San Javier.

get in touch with me and we talk.

Fill in the form and I will answer you in less than 24 hours.


    Other related services

    Other architecture services

    5/5 - (1 vote)