Registration of homes for tourist use in Murcia

registration of homes for tourist use Murcia

In the following article, you will find guidance on how to carry out the procedures and manage the necessary documentation to register homes for tourist use (VUT) in Murcia.

What is a home for tourist use?

Tourist use dwellings (VUT) are defined as those dwellings that are rented to tourists, maintaining their residential rather than commercial nature. Unlike conventional rentals, tourist rentals are characterized by being short-term and having a pre-established period.

It is common for these homes to co-exist in the same building with permanent residents who are not related to the vacation rental. Therefore, it is necessary to obtain the approval of the community of owners to carry out the activity of housing for tourist use (VUT) in the building.

In the Region of Murcia, it is possible to rent homes for tourist use (VUT) either in its entirety or by rooms. However, if you decide to rent by room, only a natural person who is registered and habitually resides in the home may carry out the exploitation activity.

What is needed to register my home as VUT?

Before renting your home as tourist accommodation, it is essential to ensure that you obtain the consent of the community of neighbors to carry out the tourist rental. In the event that tenants must pass through common areas to access the home, it will be necessary to obtain the approval of the community of owners.

In addition, it is an essential requirement that the house have the certificate of occupancy to be able to use it for tourist rental. In other words, only illegal housing can be offered as tourist accommodation.

Request the Responsible Statement regarding homes for tourist use in Murcia

Once we are clear that the community of neighbors does not prevent us from the VUT, We can process the responsible declaration in the Region of Murcia.

  • Responsible Declaration of Tourist Classification model P-1890.
  • List of the dwellings or the rooms of the dwellings for tourist use, in Excel format, with their identifying data including their cadastral reference and their capacity. excel here
  • Payment of the corresponding fee (T330)

The following must also be taken into account:

To carry out the rental, it is necessary to have a valid energy certificate for the home. Art. 3, Royal Decree 390/2021

What must housing for tourist use in the Region of Murcia comply with?

The VUTs must comply with the Decree no. 256/2019, of October 10, which regulates homes for tourist use in the Region of Murcia. It is essential to comply with the following regulations, among others:

  • Installation of visible plate next to the entrance according to the Order of July 20, 2006 of the Ministry of Tourism, Commerce and Consumption
  • Have complaint sheets in the terms established in Decree 3/2014, of January 31
  • Have civil liability insurance with a minimum coverage of three hundred thousand euros.
  • A fire extinguisher must be installed in an accessible place.
  • A first aid kit should be available.
  • The owners of the accommodation operation are obliged to issue invoices, or substitute documents, in the legally established manner.
  • There must be written information, at least in Spanish and English, on the telephone number 1-1-2 and other numbers in case of an emergency. In addition to tourist information.

Regulations to be met for homes for tourist use in Murcia.

get in touch with me and we talk.

Fill in the form and I will answer you in less than 24 hours.


    Other related services

    Other architecture services

    5/5 - (1 vote)