Registration of houses for tourist use in Cartagena

housing registration for tourist use Cartagena

This article aims to provide you with assistance in the procedures and the management of the documentation required to carry out the registration of housing for tourist use (VUT) in Cartagena.

What is a home for tourist use?

Tourist use dwellings (VUT) refer to dwellings that are rented to tourists, but that retain their residential rather than commercial character. Unlike traditional rentals, tourist rentals always have a predefined duration and are made for short periods.

In many cases, these homes share a building with permanent residents who are not related to the vacation rental. Therefore, it is essential to obtain authorization from the community of owners to carry out the activity of housing for tourist use (VUT) in said building.

In the Region of Murcia, homes for tourist use (VUT) have the option of being rented in their entirety or by rooms. However, if renting by rooms is chosen, only a natural person who is registered and has his habitual residence in the house may carry out the exploitation activity.

What is needed to register my home as VUT?

It is essential to obtain the consent of the community of owners before renting your home as tourist accommodation. If the tenants need to use common areas to access the home, it will be necessary to obtain the approval of the neighborhood community.

Likewise, it is essential that the house have a certificate of occupancy to be able to use it for tourist rental. In summary, only a home that meets all the legal requirements established for it can be offered as tourist accommodation.

Request the Responsible Statement regarding homes for tourist use in Cartagena

Once we know that the community of neighbors does not prevent us from VUT, We can process the responsible declaration in the Region of Murcia.

  • Responsible Declaration of Tourist Classification model P-1890.
  • List of the dwellings or the rooms of the dwellings for tourist use, in Excel format, with their identifying data including their cadastral reference and their capacity. excel here
  • Payment of the corresponding fee (T330)

The following must also be taken into account:

It is essential to have a current energy certificate for the home to proceed with the rental. Art. 3, Royal Decree 390/2021

What must housing for tourist use in the Region of Murcia comply with?

The VUTs must comply with the Decree no. 256/2019, of October 10, which regulates homes for tourist use in the Region of Murcia. It is necessary to comply with the following provisions, among others:

  • Installation of visible plate next to the entrance according to the Order of July 20, 2006 of the Ministry of Tourism, Commerce and Consumption
  • Have complaint sheets in the terms established in Decree 3/2014, of January 31
  • Have civil liability insurance with a minimum coverage of three hundred thousand euros.
  • A fire extinguisher must be installed in an accessible place.
  • A first aid kit should be available.
  • The owners of the accommodation operation are obliged to issue invoices, or substitute documents, in the legally established manner.
  • There must be written information, at least in Spanish and English, on the telephone number 1-1-2 and other numbers in case of an emergency. In addition to tourist information.

Regulations to be met for homes for tourist use in Cartagena

get in touch with me and we talk.

Fill in the form and I will answer you in less than 24 hours.


    Other related services

    Other architecture services

    5/5 - (1 vote)