Housing for tourist use in Alicante

registration of houses for tourist use Alicante

Alicante regulations require the registration of housing for tourist use to be able to rent private residences to visitors. If you face difficulties in processing the necessary documentation, do not hesitate to contact me. I am available to assist you in the effective completion of your VUT procedures.

What is a home for tourist use?

If you are interested in renting your home for tourist purposes in Alicante, I can provide you with assistance throughout the process. It is essential to take into account that the regulations in this area are quite complex, since each autonomous community has its own regulations related to tourist housing (VUT).

In the case of Alicante, it is necessary to carry out the registration of the house in the corresponding registry of houses for tourist use and obtain the certificate of compatibility issued by the town hall. In addition, it is essential to comply with all regulations and legal requirements to avoid possible sanctions.

If you require more information or need help managing your VUT in Alicante, do not hesitate to contact me. I will be happy to provide you with the necessary assistance in everything you need.

What is needed to register my home as VUT in Alicante?

It is important to keep in mind that homeowners associations have the ability to establish regulations and rules regarding the use of homes within the building, therefore, it is essential to thoroughly review the statutes before proceeding with the rental of the home as a VUT . In the event that the community allows homes for tourist use, it is also necessary to comply with the requirements and processes established by the Autonomous Community and the corresponding City Council for registration in the register of homes for tourist use.

Request the Certificate of Urban Compatibility in Alicante

The certificate of compatibility for tourist housing It is requested at the Alicante City Council in person or by electronic office. It is an essential procedure to register housing for tourist use in Alicante. The city council provides the following process flowchart:


  • a) Exact location of the dwelling, with cadastral reference number, in order to obtain the compatibility of the location with the determinations of the General Plan and/or the applicable urban planning instrument. The municipal favorable compatibility certificate is a mandatory requirement for registration in the Valencian Community Tourism Registry and for the application of the applicable environmental intervention instrument. You will not be able to continue the procedure until the certification is expressly issued.
  • b) It will also contain the technical requirements of the chosen classification of housing for tourist use in accordance with Annex I of Decree 92/2009, Regulatory Regulation of tourist housing, or regulation that replaces it. The certificate of habitability and municipal occupation is a mandatory requirement for registration in the Tourism Registry of the Valencian Community.
  • c) Graphic documentation: Plan of the dwelling for tourist use containing its total dimension in m2 as well as the dimension of each of its components equally in m2. This graphic documentation is a prerequisite for the issuance of the certificate of habitability and municipal occupancy, in accordance with Decree 92/2009 and Law 3/2004, and is a mandatory requirement for registration in the Valencian Community Tourism Registry and for the application for the applicable environmental intervention instrument.
  • d) Graphic documentation: Qualification plan of the General Plan or applicable Ordinance Instrument in which the exact location of the dwelling for tourist use will be indicated.
  • e) Complementary documentation regarding the availability of the dwelling for its dedication to tourist use:

Request the Responsible Statement regarding homes for tourist use In the Valencian community

Once we are clear that the community does not prevent us from the VUT and we have the certificate of urban compatibility that the Alicante City Council has provided us. We can process the responsible declaration in the Valencian Community.

  • Application for Certificate of Urban Compatibility. model here
  • Photocopy of the DNI and signed representation mandate
  • Accreditation of ownership: title, simple note or contract that authorizes the VUT
  • Certificate of urban compatibility of Alicante
  • Certificate of habitability (License of 1st or 2nd occupation)
  • Liability insurance. Depends on the number of houses
  • Accreditation that the regulations corresponding to the STV are complied with

The following must be taken into account:

  • Owners of five or more homes for tourist use must be registered in the Registry as a management company for homes for tourist use.
  • The minimum amount of the capital insured in the civil liability insurance will be determined based on the maximum admissible places in the accommodation contemplated in the responsible declaration, and will be: a) Up to 25 places: 150,000 euros.
  • Once the responsible declaration of start of activity has been made, it is essential that it begin effectively within a maximum period of two months. Otherwise, the declaration will be invalid and the corresponding administrative procedure will be initiated in which the interested person will be given the opportunity to hear. As a result, the registration in the Registry will be removed and cancelled.
  • The registration and, where appropriate, classification of the dwelling for tourist use, will not imply the automatic authorization of other facilities and services present in its surroundings for which there is a specific regulation of its own.
  • After the presentation of the Responsible Declaration, the tourist rental activity must begin. Being the Ministry of Tourism the one that can inspect the house to ensure compliance with the regulations.

Regulations to be met for homes for tourist use in Alicante.

get in touch with me and we talk.

Fill in the form and I will answer you in less than 24 hours.


    Other related services

    Other architecture services

    5/5 - (1 vote)