Health and Safety in Architecture
A Health and safety study It is a document that establishes the rules on site to avoid work accidents. Both in a new construction project and in a reform project it is necessary to include a health and safety study or a Basic health and safety study depending on the characteristics of the work.
When is it required?
According to the regulations on health and safety in construction works, established in the Royal Decree 1627/1997Parallel to the project, a document must be drawn up to avoid possible occupational accidents during the execution of the works.
Difference between health and safety study and basic health and safety study
The aforementioned Royal Decree determines the works in which a Basic Study cannot be carried out, so a Health and Safety Study will have to be drafted, in an obligatory manner, if the following cases are met:
- Budget for a contract execution equal to or greater than € 450,759.07
- That the duration exceeds 30 working days, with employment of 20 or more workers.
- That the amount of labor exceeds 500 working days.
- Work of galleries, tunnels, dams or underground pipes.
Basic health and safety study
The basic health and safety study must contain the following information
- Justification for the inclusion in the project of a Basic Study instead of a Health and Safety Study.
- Description of the works and the health and safety regulations applicable to the works.
- Identification of occupational hazards, indicating prevention measures. The list of occupational risks that cannot be eliminated in accordance with the aforementioned, specifying preventive measures and technical protections aimed at controlling and reducing said risks and assessing their effectiveness, especially when alternative measures are proposed.
- Where appropriate, it will take into account any other type of activity that is carried out in it, and will contain specific measures related to jobs that involve special risks for the safety and health of workers.
- The forecasts and useful information to carry out in due course, in the proper health and safety conditions, the foreseeable subsequent work.
Health and safety study
The health and safety study must contain the following information
The memory will contain at least:
- The description of the procedures, technical equipment and auxiliary means to be used or whose use can be envisaged.
- The identification of the occupational risks that can be avoided, indicating the necessary technical measures for this.
- The list of occupational risks that cannot be eliminated, specifying preventive measures and technical protections aimed at controlling and reducing said risks and assessing their effectiveness, especially when alternative measures are proposed.
- The description of the sanitary and common services that the work center must be equipped with, depending on the number of workers who will use them.
- In preparing the report, the conditions of the environment in which the work is carried out must be taken into account, as well as the type and characteristics of the materials and elements to be used, the determination of the construction process and the order of execution of the works.
Specification of Specific Conditions
The Specific Terms and Conditions must set out the legal and regulatory standards applicable to the technical specifications of the work in question, as well as the prescriptions that must be met in relation to the characteristics, use and conservation of the machines, tools, tools, systems and preventive equipment.
Measurements and Budget
The measurement and budget section must contain the measurements of all those occupational health and safety units or elements that have been defined or projected, together with the budget that quantifies the set of planned expenses.
Plans that develop the graphics and diagrams necessary for a better definition and understanding of the preventive measures defined in the Report, with expression of the necessary technical specifications.
It is advisable to include at least the following plans:
- Situation with characteristics of the environment.
- Plan of access to personnel and machinery.
- Fixed floor plans with holes, openings and collective protections.
- Hygiene and wellness facilities.
- Lifting machinery location plans.
- Location map of workshops, stockpiles and warehouses.
- Elevations, sections, details and collective protections.
- Route plans for displacement machinery.
- Location of public services.
How much does a health and safety study cost in Murcia?
The basic health and safety study or the health and safety study is usually written by the architect in charge of the project. It is an essential part of the documentation to be provided to obtain the building license.
The cost of the basic health and safety study will depend on the Material Execution Budget (PEM), since it depends on the complexity of the work.
Get in touch to order your Health and Safety Study.
Request information or request a budget without obligation. Leave a message in the questionnaire and I will contact you within a maximum period of 24 hours. Possibility of a face-to-face appointment in the Region of Murcia and Alicante (Spain).
In addition to the contact form, you can contact me through whattsapp